Our Submission Guidelines
If you’ve landed on this page, chances are you’re thinking of featuring your love story with us. Thank you for considering us – it’s a privilege to have the opportunity to share your story with our readers. At Vows & Co. we accept submissions from wedding photographers, industry suppliers and newlywed brides.
In terms of aesthetics we love natural light photography and images that capture emotion and love. We also love images that capture all the gorgeous little details. We prefer vibrant and colourful photos over black and white images (but this is not a hard rule so don’t hesitate to add them in your selection of images!). Finally, we have no preference for digital or film (we love all types).
We also accept video submissions!
We are always looking to feature stories we know will inspire our readers. Currently we’re looking for the following types of submissions:
- Weddings – Fusion Weddings, Multicultural Weddings, Alternative Weddings, International Weddings, Interracial Weddings, Non-Traditional Weddings and Elopements!
- Styled Shoots
- Wedding Films
Below are our guidelines for submission for photographers & videographers:
1. If you’re interested in a feature with us, please send us an email at email@example.com.
2. In your initial email, send us an introductory paragraph about the wedding and your couple. Should you be submitting a styled photo shoot, please include the inspiration behind the shoot. Please include basic information such as names, date (or dates) and location. Initially, we just want to get a good feel of the day/shoot. At this stage, you may send us links to photos on your blog or link to a sampling of 20 – 30 images in Dropbox.
3. We will usually respond within 72 hours of receiving your submission regardless of whether the submission has been successful. However, in the event that you do not receive a response from us in that time frame, please don’t hesitate to reach out again.
4. Photographers: Should your submission be successful, we usually request between 50 – 150 images at 72dpi and no larger than 900px. We also request that images contain no visible watermark, or borders.
Vows & Co. is a blog that provides inspiration for other couples (fusion, multicultural and otherwise). This is why we love images that showcase details. So please do include any of the following shots in your selection of images:
Stationery and paper goods
Bouquets and button holes
Ceremony decor and details
Reception decor and details
Refreshments – food, drinks, cake or dessert
5. Videographers: Should your submission be successful, we request 5 – 10 still frames at 72dpi and no larger than 900px. We accept wedding highlights, trailers and styled wedding films. Vimeo is our preferred video hosting site.
6. Should you be interested in submitting a wedding or styled photo shoot, please be sure to gather all the necessary permissions from your couple and/or other suppliers before submitting with to us.
Below are our guidelines for submission for newlyweds:
1. At first contact, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your initial email, send us an introductory paragraph about your wedding (including names, dates and location) and why you think it’s a good fit for a feature on Vows & Co. Please send us a sampling of 20 – 30 images in Dropbox. Hi res/ large images are not necessary at this stage.
2. We will usually respond within 72 hours of receiving your submission, regardless of whether the submission has been successful. However, in the event that you do not receive a response from us in that time frame, please don’t hesitate to reach out again.
3. We request that images must contain no visible watermark, or borders.
4. Finally, we only accept images and content from professional wedding photographers and videographers.
You’ll receive a confirmation email that your submission has been accepted and, if you have provided everything necessary for the feature, your feature will be scheduled into Vows & Co. editorial calendar and you’ll be given a publication date.
We only schedule weddings and shoots once we receive everything needed for the feature. Please allow for 2 – 3 weeks before your feature goes live.
We will always credit your work – no matter where it’s shared.
Once the feature goes live we will promote it to our followers across various social media channels in the following ways:
– Share a photo (or photos) on our Facebook page, linking to your Facebook business page
– Tweet a link to the feature on Twitter, linking to your Twitter handle
– Share a photo or a link on our Google+ page with credit
– Share photos on Pinterest with credit
– We may also share a photo on Instagram with credit and a link to your Instagram profile if you have one
After your feature has been published here you have the opportunity to pick the badges below to link to Vows & Co. on your own blog or website. We’ve provided .PNG files with transparent backgrounds ready to be dropped into your website. The dimensions of the badges are 400 x 400. Feel free to use these badges to link back to your feature or our homepage.
An Important Note On Exclusivity
Please note that at the current time, Vows & Co. doesn’t subject submissions to any exclusivity conditions. This means we will accept submissions that have been submitted to other publications. Our only request is that you inform us where else the story has been published and include these links in your initial email. Thanks for taking the time to check these submissions guidelines.